12.15.2008


She had sunshine trapped in her head.

Last week I was watching Pooja Bhatt's 'Paap'. This was shot on the virgin locations of a remote village called Spiti in Himachal. The landacape reminded me of this girl in Bangalore. She too was a native of Himachal. Remember she telling me their famaily had lots of apple trees on their property. Though I had never seen one myself, remember harvesting some in my dreams.

Black coffee in the mornings and draught in the evenings - life was like the warm sunshine that illuminates her copper tinted tresses. Since she was already so used to modelling for her photographer friend, an order to 'freeze' was well taken.

In fact hair is the most versatile thing about a woman ( after her histronics! ) while shooting them. It speaks more about a woman than what she wears, speaks or even think. The cut, the styling, the texture, the colour, the lustre and of course the fragrance!

Watch out this space for more on framing a face in hair.

 

No comments: