12.15.2008



Caught him in the loo!

One of my personal favourites, this was intended to be a mere documentation of Hrishi using the potty seat for the first time. One for his grandchildren for sure, we thought.

The reason why I decided to peep in only from the bedroom was not to disturb him. Then I found it interesting how I could cleverly camouflage all unwanted details. Shooting through the narrow strip of door frame still allowed the image to convey. I guess the furry, blurred teddy bear adds to its soft feel. The predominent white surfaces compliment to its clean feel. Never imagined that a portrait in a loo could be called so 'cute' right?
Read more on
shooting in natural surroundings .

Composition like this that cuts out details sometime help highlight your subject with more emphasis. 'Understated' is an acceptable norm while shooting people too, you see.

Watch this space for more on 'frames within frames'. 

No comments: