12.15.2008


In the seat of eternal learning.

This old man was sititing beside me and reading shlokas in the saraswathi mandapam in Kollor Mookambika temple, south Karnataka. At this age was he also there in search of knowledge? I guess the quest is ageless. The same morning I had initiated my barely three year old son Hrishikesh into learning, drawing as well as photography in the same saraswathi mandapam.

It had been drizzling throught he day and the moist air adds a nostalgic glow to the light.

Nostalgic indeed it is. I was able to visit this temple- the enernal seat of learning - after longing to be there for so many years. They say unless the deity wishes so you will not be able to visit her, no matter what. Maybe this time she wanted me to and I could stay on for 3 days.

The template mast and the pillar oil lamp establishes the temple premises. The sacred chants printed on the cloth worn by the old man seem only natuaral.  

No comments: